Tipperary Football Features Prominently in 2018 Annerville Awards16 Dec 2018
The 2018 Annerville Award recipients have been announced and we are delighted to extend our congratulations to Alan Campbell, Pete Savage and Michael “Babs” Keating.
2019 Tipperary senior football vice-captain led his club Moyle Rovers to county senior championship honours earlier this year and after his sterling performances for both club and county he has been rightly acknowledged with an award.
Another recipient is Ardfinnan’s Pete Savage. Pete has given a lifetime of service to both club and county and rarely misses a Gaelic football match. Active with both the Friends of Tipperary Football and the Tipperary Football Committee this award is richly deserved.
Tipperary’s LGFA star Aishling Moloney was also acknowledged for her exploits this year. One of the top forwards in the game the Cahir attacker is every defenders’ nightmare.
Michael “Babs” Keating is probably better known for his exploits in hurling but he first started his inter-county career with the footballers joining the senior panel in 1960 having already played minor and under-21. He won a Railway Cup medal with Munster in 1970 while captaining the county to the division two title in 1971.
Congratulations to all four winners. These prestigious awards go to the outstanding amateur sport stars throughout Tipperary and will be presented by the Tipperary United Sports Panel in the Clonmel Park Hotel on January 26th.
The full list of winners are:
- Athletics – Miriam Daly, Carrick-on-Suir.
- Boxing – Ellie Mai Gartland, Clonmel.
- Camogie – Cait Devane, Clonoulty/Rossmore.
- Equestrian – Max and Tom Wachman, Cashel.
- Gaelic Football – Alan Campbell, Moyle Rovers.
- Handball -Sinéad Meagher, Nenagh.
- Hurling – Jason Forde, Silvermines.
- Ladies Football – Aishling Moloney, Cahir.
- Pitch and Putt – James Cleary, Clonmel.
- Sailing – Aisling Keller, Nenagh.
- Soccer- Christopher Higgins, St. Michael’s, Tipperary town.
- Sean Lyons Sports Executive – Liam Cahill, Ballingarry.
- Tennis – Katie Morrissey, Cashel.
- Jimmy Cooney Lifetime Achievement – Pete Savage, Ardfinnan.
- Knocknagow – Michael ‘Babs’ Keating, Ardfinnan.